03 March 2007

FLAUTAS!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE FLAUTAS! It's like the best kind of hand held food ever, dipped in guacamole and sour cream and salsa. So of course, I had to try to make it myself. The chicken filling was great! Shredded very easily, but could have used a little more hot sauce for that kick. The tortilla was a little on the hard side because I fried them for a little longer than I should have, but not so hard that they were completely inedible - and at least it looks yummy (you DO eat with your eyes first). I also made a corn salsa to go along with it. Also, the corn salsa could use a little more hot sauce (the one jalapeƱo just wasn't enough), but other than that, it was good.

Overall, I think Ben and I are spicy-food (at least two-star to three-star) kind of people. I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm cooking and remember to add extra hot sauce to everything.

No comments: