13 March 2007

I'll feed you if. . .


. . . you move some furniture for me. :)

Wasn't sure what I wanted to make for dinner last night, but it wasn't soup. So that's day 2 of not making the recipe I have ALL the ingredients for. It was a red meat kind of day, but not beef. Ben came over to (help me) move my new used couch from the garage to my bedroom (on the third floor). The couch is made of solid wood and is extremely heavy. Needless to say, I wasn't much help. Luckily, I live with two other guys who are always willing to lend a hand. In any case, I felt that since he was doing this for me, I should make him a pretty decent dinner. I usually make pretty decent dinners, but this had to be a little something extra. Enter stage left. LAMB CHOPS! I had never made lamb chops before. The last time, Karen made them and we ended up smoking up the entire apartment and the hallway. I found a recipe online for Parmesan Herb Lambchops, and I thought it would pair well with these onion potato cakes I read on Fancy Toast. They turned out alright, but I don't think I cared for the potato cakes too much. The lamb was good, though. I didn't have many vegetables on hand, so the dish looks rather dull (like cardboard), unlike Martha's beautiful picture. -->

You can find the recipe online at the links above. It's just like making Chicken Parmesan, only you use lamb instead of chicken, and you also add a layer of chopped mint and parseley before dipping the lamb in a beaten egg. Easy as pie!

No comments: