11 March 2007

SPRRRIIING!


Phone: SPRRIIING! SPRRIIING!
Me: Hello? Voice: Don't forget to change your clocks! ::click::


Ok, so that didn't really happen to me, but it appears that spring has come early this year. That's right. With daylight saving time starting three weeks earlier than usual and the gorgeous weather we've been having down in HR, I do believe that winter is gone. At least for me.

We all went over to Sarv's last night, rather than go out and spend lots of money getting drunk and still having someone left out as DD. I made pasta (but, again, forgot to take pictures -sorry) and we watched Snatch. I've got a recipe for you anyway, sans picture (you get a picture of this tree in front of my house instead).

Tran's Standard Pasta

Ingredients: 1 lb. pasta of choice 1 28 oz. jar pasta sauce of choice 1 lb. ground meat of choice 1 large yellow onion (or 2 medium sized), diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 pkg button mushrooms, halved and sliced 1 red bell pepper, diced 1 tbsp Italian seasoning 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes salt and pepper shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese

Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta to desired doneness. Drain and set aside.

Brown meat in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Season with seasoning, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until onions are tender, about five minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another five minutes. Add sauce and simmer over medium-low heat for ten minutes. Serve sauce over pasta and with bread. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.

Garlic Bread

Ingredients:
1/2 French baguette 2 tbsp butter 2 cloves of garlic, minced 1 tsp Italian seasoning shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Halve baguette lengthwise. Melt butter with garlic and seasoning. Spread evenly onto baguette halves. Cover with cheese. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and bread is crisp, but not hard.


I got kind of lazy for dinner today. I was going to make a quick soup (a recipe for which I picked up at my last visit to Whole Foods), but I was too hungry when I got home from the market to be able to cook anything decent. Instead, I cooked the last of my asparagus with some Vienna Sausage I had sitting in the pantry. Just sauteed with garlic and olive oil. I ate it with some slices of sesame semolina bread I bought from Panera Bread today. It wasn't the best meal ever, but, surprisingly enough, it wasn't half bad.

No comments: